And on that point, I just wanna talk about something quickly. So we all know that Looking For Alaska is being turned into a film. Doing a quick scout of the internet and tumblr, I see that most of the fans want Kaya Scodelario as Alaska. Please, please, I pray may she not be cast as Alaska.
Pudge describes Alaska as curvy. There is no world in which Kaya Scodelario could ever be described as curvy. It would break my heart to see Alaska, a character that is so dear to my heart, be portrayed by a skinny/petite actress. You have no idea what it would mean to me for her to be played by someone who is larger (not fat, just average size. we do exist you know!), curvy and bigger boned. I can only imagine it would mean the world to other girls to see a more average sized girl play her as well.
I want to see girls in film and TV that I can see my reflection in. And I see non of myself in the tiny girls like Kaya Scodelario. If that is the norm in what is presented to girls like me, is it so surprising that so many of us hate our bodies? God forbid we have fat or rolls! And that’s who I am now. That’s my body now. And it’s wrong that that makes me want to cry. Please, Hollywood. Do this one right.
In case you’re interested, I want a girl like Alexandra Daddario cast as Alaska.
i’ve been wanting to do one of these for a long long time as a thank you to my followers because ya’ll are so lovely and i love you all sooooooo here it is!
there will be TWO winners who will be able to choose ANY BOOK/S they want, as long as the total cost amounts to $25 or less. once again, for the sake of clarity, two winners, each gets to choose something that costs no more than $25 e.g. one hardcover or two paperbacks
i might make it four winners depending on my financial situation after i pay my tuition
so these are the rules / guidelines / things to know:
- you must be following me
- reblog this post however much times you want I guess just try not to be annoying with it
- likes don’t count sorry (you can like the post for bookmark purposes but otherwise, likes don’t count)
- this giveaway is open internationally (as long as the book depository ships to your country)
- you must be willing to give me your address so you can get the book
- winners will be chosen using a random generator
- your ask box must be open, if it’s not then i’ll be picking another winner
- if the winner/s doesn’t/don’t respond within 24 hours I’ll be choosing someone else
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS ALLOWED AT ALL
- giveaway ends on august 29th
- any questions, just ask me here
We had so much fun at VidCon Disney Day! Were you there and can you spot yourself in our group photo?
Take me back, please. VidCon + Disney = Best. Day. Ever.
Max, you are a prick.
Take a flight of fancy.